Now, Government has asked to link Aadhaar card number in mutual fund through CAMS website. For sake of convenience, CAMS started process of linking your Aadhaar information in Mutual funds. Government has given deadline to link mutual fund investment to Aadhaar is 31st Dec, 2017. Let us see how to link Aadhaar to Mutual Funds folios online.
What is CAMS?
Computer Age Management Services started process of link Aadhaar to Mutual funds folios online. This CAMS is like middleman between you and mutual fund companies and act Transfer Agency serving over 60% of assets across 15 Mutual funds. Apart from mutual funds, CAMS is also giving service to leading Insurance companies, Banks, NBFCs and Private Equity Funds.
Thus, if you link Aadhaar to Mutual fund folios online using CAMS platforms, then you are able to link only to those 15 mutual fund companies to which it serves as Transfer Agents. Along with CAMS, there are other Transfer Agents and they are as below. As of now, CAMS only started this process of link Aadhaar to mutual fund folios online. Others may also start this facility soon.
- Karvy Computers ( You will get services for 17 mutual funds)
- Franklin Templeton International Services (it gives services to Franklin Templeton Mutual Funds only)
- Sundaram BNP Paribas Fund Services ( It gives services to Sundaram Mutual Funds only )
Process to link Aadhaar number in CAMS website
You need to follow the process of linking Aadhaar once then it will be automatically updated in all mutual funds. Here are steps given below to link your Aadhaar number with mutual funds portfolio. Read Aadhaar Must for Death Certificate from October 1
- Go to CAMS website camsonline.com and click on Investor services tab
- Then under Investor Services you have to select option Link your “
- You need to provide registered mobile number, E-mail ID, PAN number and Aadhaar number and submit button.
- Once you submit the details, you will receive OTP to your registered Email ID and Mobile. You have to enter same in the box.
- So this process is over, then you will receive success message. Once authentication is successful, then you will receive email confirmation of same.
Note: – You have to link your UIDAI number with your fund folios in various AMC which are serviced by CAMS. CAMS will update your Aadhaar to all CAMS servicing Mutual Fund Companies where you are investors.
Link Aadhaar in Mutual Funds from CAMS website
CAMS services 15 mutual funds companies right now. You just need to follow process of linking your Aadhaar once and it will updated in all mutual funds. Here is list of CAMS serviced funds.
- HDFC Mutual Fund
- DSPBR Mutual Fund
- Birla Sunlife Mutual Fund
- HSBC Mutual Fund
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
- IDFC Mutual Fund
- IIFL Mutual Fund
- Kotak Mutual Fund
- L&T Mutual Fund
- Mahindra Mutual Fund
- PPFAS Mutual Fund
- SBI Mutual Fund
- Shriram Mutual Fund
- Tata Mutual Fund
- Union Mutual Fund
How to link Aadhaar number with Mutual Funds?
There are different online and offline options of linking Aadhaar number with mutual fund folios. You can do this through transfer agent platform. Like CAMS and Karvy who provides services to many mutual fund companies. Check Aadhaar linking is must for Post Office Schemes
Deadline for Linking Aadhaar in Mutual funds
Association of Mutual funds in India has sent notification to mutual funds house for making Aadhaar mandatory for MF investments with effect from January 1, 2018. And deadline to link mutual fund investments to Aadhaar number is December 31. Hence, hurry up and link Aadhaar to Mutual Fund folios at the earliest.