This is PIN code list. Moreover it helps you to get PIN code of any place in India. It is so because you also get country PIN Code of India. In addition you check State wise PIN code list also. Hence it is use to check PIN code list district wise also.
What is PIN code in post office?
PIN code full form is Postal Index Number. And some people call it as PIN or simply pincode. Furthermore it is code in Post Office Numbering. You can also tell it to be Post Code System that India Post uses.
On other hand there are 6 digits in a PIN Code. Thus it is Indian Postal Administration which maintains this PIN code. You can now keep reading. As you will come to know different postal zones in India.
Postal zones in India
In India you find different postal zones. Moreover these zones divide India. There are totally nine PIN zones in India. In these nine digits, first digit of PIN code is for region. Whereas second digit is for sub region.
In addition third digit represents sorting district. While last three digits are post offices. Below you can find various PIN zones in India. This will help you as well. It is so because it has union territories and states list.
List of 9 PIN zones in India
- Chandigarh, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir PIN zone is 1
- PIN Code for Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand is 2
- 3 is PIN code for Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Rajasthan, Daman and Diu, Gujarat
- 4 is for Chhattisgarh, Goa, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra
- 5 is for Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka
- 6 PIN code is for Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Lakshadweep
- PIN code 7 is for Arunachal Pradesh, Odisha, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, West Bengal, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim and Assam
- 8 is for Bihar and Jharkhand
- Finally 9 is for APO or Army Post office and FPO or Field Post office
Sort district with PIN numbering
As we told you earlier there are six digits in PIN Code. So here first three digits are geographical region. Moreover this is sorting district. There will be sorting district in largest city and it is sorting office. Generally one state has one sorting district. Or there can be many sorting districts as well.
Below you can check list of sorting districts
|Postal circle||First 1 or 2 digits of PIN code|
|Jammu and Kashmir||18, 19|
|Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand||20, 28|
|Madhya Pradesh||45, 48|
|Andhra Pradesh and Telangana||50, 53|
|Tamil Nadu||60, 64|
|West Bengal||70, 74|
|Andaman and Nicobar islands||744|
|Meghalaya||793, 794, 783123|
|Bihar and Jharkhand||80, 85|
How to use PIN Code finder
To use PIN code finder you must enter some details. And these are state, district, city and post office.
Hence it is simple to find PIN code in one place for all places in India with PIN Code finder.